The Flash Technique -- a 3 hour training for trauma trained mental health professionals.
3 CEs, 3 EMDRIA CEs
This is a hands-on clinical skills training featuring the Flash technique, a brief intervention to reduce memory-related distress. Flash is a recently developed therapy procedure that involves having the client at least partially resolve a traumatic memory without consciously engaging it. Preliminary research has found Flash to be non-distressing, safe, rapid, and effective. In this workshop, participants will learn about Flash research and theory, view a demonstration, and participate in supervised small-group practice. More information can be found here.
Participants will be able to:
- Name and sequence the experiences the brain requires for memory reconsolidation (trauma healing).
- Describe the state of the research on Flash.
- Determine when Flash would be appropriate.
- Provide Flash to therapy clients.
- Problem-solve a Flash session when challenges arrise.
Instructors: Ricky Greenwald, PsyD or Cynthia Arnold, LCMHC
Who may attend: This training is for mental health professionals who are already trained in either EMDR or PC.
Date/Time Options (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Monday, March 8, 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Monday, March 8, 1:00 PM - 4:15 PM