Trauma Trainers Retreat
Sun-Fri, May 22-27, 2022 -- ONLINE
For supervisors/consultants, workshop leaders, instructors, & senior clinicians ready to make the next step.
27 CEs, 12 EMDRIA CEs (optional)
*** Work-Study Fellowships Available ***
Comments from past participants:
"Content was wonderful - things I'd never learn anywhere else."
"I was so nervous about coming into this week and am leaving very centered and committed to act on my creativity... [The activities and environment/culture] made this an experience which feels "life changing.""
"The whole process has put my goals into a reachable order."
"I want to thank you for an extraordinary educational experience. The retreat gets a five star rating for content; location; opportunity for self-development; camaraderie; gourmet food; and fun."
"A major breakthrough for me and my work."
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
We are pleased to offer our 11th semi-annual retreat for senior trauma-oriented clinicians who wish to develop their skills/repertoire as supervisors, consultants, workshop leaders, and instructors.
Purpose: The goal is to develop and support a growing group of individuals who can offer effective supervision, consultation, and basic and advanced training programs in trauma-informed treatment. Hopefully this will lead to more widely available quality training and practice in this specialty area.
Curriculum: All aspects of trauma treatment training/consultation will be covered, including:
- Repertoire of concepts and skills to be taught.
- Teaching methods for specific concepts and skills.
- Materials, slides and handouts for use in workshops.
- Presentation skills and strategies.
- Consultation and mentorship.
- Business practices and strategies.
Note: The primary focus of this retreat is not to teach clinical skills. It is designed to prepare those with the skills to teach and supervise others.
The overall goal is for participants to be able to offer effective specialty training programs on trauma treatment.
- Participants will be able to consult on a case, identify the phase of trauma treatment the case currently is "in," and recommend specific treatment activities on that basis.
- Participants will be able to name the essential components of a successful training program (in terms of presentation methods etc.), and to design their own training programs accordingly.
- Participants will receive feedback on their own presentation styles and then demonstrate improvement.
- Participants will develop a business strategy for developing their trauma consultation and training practice.
Daily schedule available upon request. Full documentation can be found here.
Retreat Leader: Ricky Greenwald, Psy.D.
- 9 - 5 Eastern Daylight Time. Starts with a half day on Sunday at 3 PM (to 6:30 PM), ends with a half day on Friday (9 AM) to 12:30 PM.
- Participants are required to attend all scheduled activities. Certificates of completion will be given.
Location: ONLINE this year.
Eligibility: Participants must be experienced clinicians who are at the level of expertise required to offer supervision/consultation and/or training. If you have questions about your eligibility, ask -- or apply anyway and we'll let you know.
To Apply, send in, all via e-mail:
- a brief cover letter, about a page, including the following: your credentials/experience with trauma-informed treatment; with supervision/consultation; and with teaching/training. Also what you hope/plan to do with what you learn on the retreat. Short and sweet is good; if you want to use bullets instead of paragraphs, that's fine.
- your CV.
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from colleagues who are familiar with your work as a supervisor/consultant and/or teacher/trainer
- a completed registration. Don't worry -- if you're not accepted, you'll get a full refund.
Continuing education: Review the information regarding continuing education here. It is important to check with your state board to verify your requirements. Continuing education hours are not available for consultation time, reading requirements, or prerequisites.
- Sunday - Friday, May 22-27, 2022. Western MA.
- Work-Study Fellowships Available
Qualified participants will be accepted on a first-come basis.